The South Yarmouth Methodist Church building is included in the National Register of Historic Places.
Previous to 1852, the only place of worship in that part of South Yarmouth known as Friends Village was the Friends Meeting House, built in 1809. The early Methodists gathered for their services in a building that stood in the old burying ground adjoining what is now called Willow Street (Willow Street cemetery, Bass River, at the intersection of Run Pond Road).
Until 1922 the church was dimly lit with oil lamps. A redecoration in 1937 resulted in a new organ with an electric blower.
The Fisherman’s House was purchased in 1963 and rooms have been used as a nursery, church offices, library, lounge, and thrift shop. Both the church and the Fisherman’s House are included in the National Register of Historic Places.